Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 
December 17, 2017
We will always Remember

REMEMBER FDNY 343
9-11-2001

 


The Worcester Six
December 3, 1999

 

 Firefighters Memorial
View Video



 

 

Contact Congress!
Enter Zip code:
Faulty wiring cause of basement fire that displaced woman from Indian Orchard home
Posted On: Jan 20, 2015

By George Graham | ggraham@repub.com The Republican
Follow on Twitter
on January 19, 2015 at 1:11 PM, updated January 19, 2015 at 1:28 PM

SPRINGFIELD -- Faulty wiring was the cause of a basement fire Monday morning that displaced a woman from her Indian Orchard home, Dennis Leger, aide to Commissioner Joseph Conant, said.

Nobody was home at 74 Larimer St. when the blaze broke out about 10:45 a.m., Leger said. No injuries were reported.

A neighbor reported seeing heavy yellow smoke from the chimney area of the structure.

Leger estimated damage at about $35,000 and said the fire damage was mostly confined to the basement and that there was a small amount on the first floor. The second floor sustained smoke damage, he said.

The Pioneer Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the displaced woman.

The Springfield Arson & Bomb Squad was able to quickly determine the cause of the fire.

According to city records, the property is owned by Dona A. Rice and has an assessed value of $94,000.


Member Login
Username:

Password:


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?
Upcoming Events
No Events Found
<< December 2017 >>
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31

The Boston Fire Department is tackling occupational cancer.

(Click below for Info)


Important Links
Visit www.iafflocals.com!
Visit www.iaff.org!
Visit PFFM.org!
Visit www.aflcio.org/!
Visit www.massaflcio.org/!
Visit www.mda.org!
Visit www.redcrosspioneervalley.org/!
Write your U.S. Representative
GENERAL LAWS OF MASSACHUSETTS CHAPTER 148. FIRE PREVENTION
Visit www.code3foracure.org/!
Write the U.S. Senate
GIC Health Plan Access

Safety Links


Public Information

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in the Home.
Get the facts on Carbon Monoxide poisonings in and around the home.

Click here to learn more!!!  


Smoke Detectors.
Get the facts on Smoke Detectors in the Home.  Click here to learn more!!!


Fire Prevention Safety Tips.

Here are some tips on how to safely heat your house this winter.

  Click here to learn more!!!

Interesting Sites



Action Center
Sign up for Mass. Fire Academy Classes
Check the listing of current DFS classes available.
EMT Continuing Education Credits Search
Follow this link to see how many OEMS credits you currently have.
 
 
IAFF Local 648
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

187204 hits since Nov 10, 2010
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image